Monday, September 8, 2008

The Silverback is Back… and better than ever!


















Your favorite ape has been dormant for a bit... I've been battling a bout of acute laziness. It was quite serous, but I think I'll be able to pull through. I'm past the worst of it, I think.


Most people know that apes like their fruits. Some even say it's nature's dessert... although I was able to steal some cookies from an ape-loving scientist's backpack, and I have to say those were much sweeter! But that is neither here nor there. Tonight I've decided to enjoy some fruit infused beer… I tend not to like very sweet beers, so Dogfish Head's Aprihop is right up my alley. It's got a sweetness that balances itself out with the hop flavor (hence the name). Aside from the
balanced flavor, it's also very smooth and drinkable. It has a nice amber color with medium head and a light smell of apricot. The only thing disappointing about this apricot infused IPA is the super light aroma... but once I get past that it's a quite enjoyable summer beer. Get yourself a 4-pack, sit outside, and enjoy a non-dessert, fruit-infused beer.

No comments: