Friday, October 17, 2008

Around the World in 6 Hours

I went to an "official" Sam Adams Beer Tasting on Monday at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival (going on till Nov 9th, so if you are in the area, check it out!)

I found it really funny that the tasting instructions were called "Romancing the Beer". I felt like I would totally get kicked out for making out with my beer and trying to steal second base. So I stuck to their four steps, just in case: Appearance, Aroma, Taste, Mouthfeel, and Finish.

We "romanced" four of their beers. We tasted Sam Adams Boston Lager, Sam Adams Light, Sam Adams Oktoberfest, and Sam Adams 13th Anniversary Lager. I wasn't too excited about the beers they were having us taste, since most of them you can get at your local grocery store or liquor store. And as any discerning beer loving ape will tell you "variety is the spice of life" (we don't just eat bananas people... stereotypes are terrible). I was excited about the 13th Anniversary Lager though... since I had never even heard about it. It was the darkest of all four beers with a nice light reddish brown color, it had a nice spice component on the nose with a nice dose of caramel malts, and the taste was sweet and earthy. A really nice special addition beer from Sam Adams, so good that my lady felt the need for me to go back and stand in the rain just to get some for us to share (the things one will do for monkey love). I would love to put a picture of this beer on this post, but since it is so new I can't find a picture of the bottle online (if it eve exists).

1 comment:

carla said...

hahaha! great post.