Friday, October 3, 2008

Liberation… and it feels so good!

I missed the Vice Presidential Debate last night getting myself in the Halloween spirit. But, I have been catching up on all the ins and outs of the political dialogue taking place online. I personally hope all of the candidates believe in evolution. I'm not saying that I'm a scientist or anything, but tell me you don't see the resemblance between me and Lou Ferigno. And since I am feeling slightly political, I thought I'd drink Anchor Brewing Co.'s Liberty Ale

It pours a slightly clouded golden color with a generous head that dissipates pretty quickly into lace. As I was pouring it, I smelled mostly malts, reminding me of days in the school yard drinking Malta. After it's poured, the malt aroma is less pronounced and the nose is more dominated by the flowery aroma of the hops. I also get a little bit of citrus and spice. The flavor is very crisp and clean, the hops dominate the palette, but I'm getting a little bit of pineyness (just a drop of pinesol). I like how floral this beer is, reminding me of the greatness of this great land of ours, where man and ape live together hand in hand. Where we can have intelligent political discourse without trying to rip our heads open and pounding our chests in victory (you wouldn't want to do that with me, btw... Gorillas have the strength of at least 6 men. I would be the one pounding my chest in victory, if you know what I mean). Lets keep an open mind to everything, my good people… politics, beliefs, and most importantly beer.

No comments: