Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Brewery Spotlight: Hitachino Nest Beer

Today, this humble ape has decided to spotlight Kiuchi Brewery's Hitachino Nest Beer line. I am a huge fan ever since I tried their amazing White Ale more than a year ago. I had ordered some sushi from a restaurant near by and felt like drinking a nice Japanese beer to go with it... little did I know I would end up with this very European (Belgian) style White Ale. The only one of their line that i have heard is o.k. is the Red Rice Ale... but until I try it, I'll reserve my judgement.

So far, all the beers I've tried from them have made me feel like a silverback... pounding my chest in victory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just blog hopping and found yours and thought it was pretty nifty. I am not a beer drinker, but my boyfriend had me try Oberon its from Bell's Brewery in Michigan. Its got a orangy taste. Its pretty good for being a beer and not a martini. :D

Che "The Ape" Guevara said...

Thanks, shop girl! Bell's makes really great beers... you and your boyfriend have got tastes! You guys should try their Two Hearted Ale (which also comes in a cool little mini-keg)