Thursday, August 7, 2008

Watch out Puerto Rico! You are not ready for this Damn Dirty Ape!!!


Has it been 10 years already? I still feel like a adolescent ape and not like the silverback I am. Regardless of what I feel like, today I swing off to my lovely birth place... Puerto Rico. Tomorrow I'm meeting a bunch of old classmates from ape school for a mini-reunion (the official 10 year reunion will be around X-mas time, I think)

I'm pretty sure I'll be drinking a fare share of beer while I'm there. I enjoy supporting the local economy, so I will most probably be enjoying the last remaining fully-distributed Puertorican beer... Medalla Light! Notice that I didn't just say Medalla... this is because it only comes in "Light". Sure, it doesnt have a lot of flavor (and if it does, it's not a very good one)... but, by God, it's our beer! It doesn't hurt that it's super cheap (you might be able to find it for $1.25 in certain places).

Aside from drinking Medallas all day and all night, I will be trying to visit Old San Juan's only Brew Pub (Puerto Rico's only microbrewery), The Old Harbor Brewery. I do remember enjoying their Old Harbor Brew Pale Ale when I went last time. Ahhhh Puerto Rico... this lumbering ape longs to see you and drink your fine brews!

No comments: